Me, I was at a Burger King parking lot, texting friends.
Burger King- the epicenter of the new love revolution.
But before you go click away to read about Pope Francis and french fries, I promised the recipe for my "Pope Francis Brownies", which I pinned from Pinterest once (under the almost as intriguing name of "Waffle Brownies") but never bothered to cook.
Today that changed.
Ok, here you go. Recipe. Then Burger King stories.
1. Get a waffle iron. Because you seriously cook these puppies like waffles.
2. Make the batter:
1 c vegetable oil
2 c sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 c flour
2/3 c cocoa
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt3. beat it all together.
4. spray your waffle iron within an inch of its life with Pam. Do this before every. single. batch. Trust me. Don't skimp on the Pam.
5. Pour 1/4 c of batter into the iron, set on the highest setting, and cook it.
6. For added sugar shock, pour carmel syrup over the brownies before serving.
7. Brush kids' teeth nine times before bed.
There you have it. Pope Francis Brownies. Not something you'll find even at Burger King.